If you have a conflict or dispute, book a 30 minute free consultation with me by going to: www.lodge-co.com
Pros of Mediation
- They can save time and money. Litigating your divorce, business dispute, workplace conflict, or any kind of dispute/conflict in court could draw out proceedings over a year. Alternative dispute resolution could wrap up your dispute or conflict within days. Even if you hire legal counsel, avoiding trial can help preserve assets, as your legal bills for appearing in court can be substantial.
- They help keep matters private. Litigation becomes a matter of public record. Mediation and arbitration are more likely to maintain your family’s confidentiality.
- They can be less stressful for children. Taking child custody issues to court means leaving decisions up to a judge. The outcome may not be what the children or parents would prefer. A trial is also usually more acrimonious and can leave children feeling caught in the middle or hostile toward both parents.
- Business Disputes Can Be Settled Quickly. Instead of going through the litigation process a business dispute can be worked out, through a mediator, to resolve the conflict. Many times it can keep business flowing and build stronger relationships.
- They allow both parties to retain control over outcomes. In litigation, a judge may resolve your issues in ways that neither you nor your partner like. Mediation and arbitration give you more control.
- They’re not all-or-nothing. You don’t have to resolve 100% of your issues outside of court for mediation or arbitration to make your divorce or separation easier.
- They don’t preclude going to court later. If you can’t work out certain issues in mediation or arbitration, you can take the unresolved matters to court.